Friday, February 22, 2013

DIY Primer






As you will all soon find out, one of my favorite things ever is DIY (Do It Yourself) I'm in high school so I obviously don't have a ton of money to go spend on makeup. So I was doing my daily Pinteresting and I came across a BUTTLOAD of DIY makeup recipes! Best thing ever. Because of that, my next few posts are going to be about DIY makeup. Again, feel free to comment and request tutorials, pictures, videos or anything.

Okay so I had this little pot that used to have gel food coloring in it but it was all gone, so I rinsed it out really good so none of the coloring was left. Then I took about a half teaspoon of petroleum jelly and a teaspoon of cornstarch and mixed it up in the pot. THIS WAS REALLY HARD! I had cornstarch flying everywhere and it was just a mess, so I would add this next ingredient BEFORE you start stirring, please be smarter than me ladies. The last ingredient is liquid foundation. I just used my cover girl foundation that I use everyday. I didn't use a set amount, just kinda played it by ear but you should be safe with a half teaspoon to start out with, depending on how thick you like your primer. (I like mine thick) This primer worked just as good as my beauti control primer for dance and it was a whole lot cheaper. There are some super cheap primers on the market such as L.A. Colors and E.L.F. I haven't tried either of them and to be honest, I had never used primer before I was in competitive dance and it has really helped keep my eye shadow from creasing. God bless eye shadow primer!




                                                                                               You are all beautiful,
                                                                                                       Madolyn <3

No comments:

Post a Comment