Friday, February 22, 2013

DIY Bronzer





Snow Day = DIY Day!
So it's winter right now and I really hate being white. I actually use a self tanning lotion which I can do a review or tutorial on if you guys want, just comment and let me know. Anywase, bronzer really helps to even out my face tone with the rest of my body. :) I was almost out of bronzer and I had about $2 to my name and didn't want to spend it. So I mozied over to my spice cabinet and made me some homemade bronzer which works just as good as cover girl brand! BTW, I <3 Comments!

For this bronzer, you will need Cocoa Powder, Corn starch, Ground Cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg, and something to put this in (i used an old nutmeg container but you can use eye shadow sample jars or mint containers) 
Key:
Cocoa Powder = depth and darkness
Cinnamon = adds the bronziness and is really good for skin
Nutmeg = sun kissed glow
Turmeric = sun tanned look (oompa loompa ladies, don't go overboard)
Cornstarch = thickens it up and lightens it a little

So with that you can either follow my recipe or create your own measurements based on the look you want to create! I mixed 1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon, and a dash, JUST A DASH, THIS STUFF IS ORANGE, of turmeric. Then I spooned the mixture into an empty nutmeg jar. (All the nutmeg was gone :( guess I just won't have a "sun kissed glow") This container worked really well because it had the sprinkle attachment which works great for makeup. Next I put everything on and screwed the lid shut. TIP: Take the label off and use the white side to right "Bronzer" on it and super glue it back on. To use: Sprinkle a little in the lid, using a fluffy brush, grab a little bronzer and brush on the apples of your cheeks and your temples. Now you should look like this:  :D


You're all beautiful,
Madolyn <3






No comments:

Post a Comment