Friday, February 22, 2013

Failed DIY :( Then SAVED!








On my last post, I talked about lipstick doubling as cream eye shadow  That worked perfectly! So, me being my smart self, thought: "What if I made cream eye shadow out of old, cracked pressed powder eye shadow?" Yeah no, don't try it. Total fail. I watched several Youtube videos on how to do this and looked up some recipes. All of them required crazy ingredients that no one, in their right mind has on hand. (Unless you run a meth factory) Anywase, halfway through my browsing, a light bulb went off. What if I used my coconut oil?! You see, coconut oil is an interesting product. Some facts:
*Can replace butter, margarine, and liquid cooking oil
*Will burn if overheated
*Solid below 76 degrees Fahrenheit
*Liquid above 77 degrees Fahrenheit 
*DO NOT EAT COCONUT OIL UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET FAT*
1 tablespoon of it has 12 grams of saturated fat!

Okay so most of my thinking came from the liquid and solid temperatures of coconut oil. I thought that if I heated up the coconut oil and mixed it with the eye shadow, then put it in the refrigerator it would harden and become a more creamy eye shadow  This worked to an extent. As soon as I took it out of the refrigerator, it was a very creamy eye shadow, the only problem being that it wasn't very pigmented. But within  10 minutes my creamy eye shadow had turned back into liquid! Oh no! It was too messy and wouldn't smear well. :(

Super Madolyn to the rescue! One of the pallets I had made was black and grey colors. I took them out of the eye shadow container and put it in a rinsed out gel food coloring pot. Now I have a gel liner! Ahhhhhhhh I love myself sometimes. :D To apply: Use a super tiny brush and dip it in the gel liner and brush on eye. EASY!
Tutorial??????



You are all beautiful,
Madolyn <3

No comments:

Post a Comment